Jewish communities have existed in the territory of Ukraine from the time of Kievan Rus’ (one of Kyiv city gates were called Judaic) and developed many of the most distinctive modern Jewish theological and cultural traditions such Hasidism. While at times they flourished, at other times they faced periods of persecution and antisemitic discriminatory policies. Before World War II, a little under one-third of Ukraine’s urban population consisted of Jews who were the largest national minority in Ukraine.
The specially designed packages offer you the chance to explore some of the most important sights of Jewish Ukraine. You will be able to visit small Shtettle towns, Tzaddik Nachman’s and Baal Shem Tov’s tombs, Holocaust memorials of Babi Yar and Lviv Ghetto, beautiful synagogues in Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa and Karaites kenassas in Crimea, celebrate Jewish Holidays and take a part of the Ukrainian Jewish community activities. Our guides speak English, Hebrew and Russian. We can provide a Kosher or Kosher style meals for you also. Secular or religious, seeking for pleasure or for meaning, you’ll find it all with SunCity Travel, LLC.
- Jewish Kyiv Tour
- Jewish Lviv Tour
- Jewish Odesa Tour
- Jewish Crimea Grand Tour (Simferopol – Yevpatoria – Sevastopol – Bakhchisarai – Yalta – Feodosia – Sevastopol)
- Jewish Uman: Tzaddik Naсhman’s Tomb
- Grand Tour “Jewish Golden Triangle of Ukraine” (Kyiv – Uman’ – Odessa – Lviv – Kyiv)
- Grand Tour “Jewish Bukovyna and Podillya” (Kyiv – Chernivtsi – Vizhnytsia – Khotyn – Kamyanets-Podilskyi – Chernivtsi – Uman’ – Kyiv)
- Grand Tour “The Way of Tzadiks” (Kyiv – Berdychiv – Medzhibozh – Uman’ – Odessa – Kyiv)